Day 41-Day 45 / May 15, 2017-May 19, 2017


  • That this UGLY tumor is shrinking away
  • That the sonogram scheduled for Monday, May 22, shows that the tumor is MUCH, MUCH smaller, or even gone
  • That I stay healthy, that my counts stay where they need to be so that my chemo stays on schedule

Wow!  It has been a week and probably the roughest week of chemo so far!  THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS!!!!

Keith had to travel on a short trip (or so I considered it a short trip, comparing it to before my diagnosis) from Saturday (Day 39) until Tuesday morning. The Saturday he left was the Saturday before my next treatment, so it is when I am feeling somewhat normal again and feel like I have a good bit of energy back.  Remember, I am trying to keep as much normalcy for E as possible, so I was playing all the roles for those 4 days.  What we learned, is even though I feel like I have more energy those days before the next chemo treatment, I don’t have nearly the energy I thought.  Mom life comes with lots of responsibility, and right now I think I have to try even harder to make up for the 4-5 days that I do very little.   Mainly I am either sleeping or just laying around during chemo week. During those days, Keith and my friends pick up all the slack for me to try and help my one goal for E right now, for everything to be as normal for her as possible, along with trying to make sure I am drinking water and eating something.

Keith gets E ready for school each morning, making sure lunch is packed and folders are signed.  In the evening, he makes sure she gets ready for bed, has books read and does whatever else may come up.  My “mama sitter” friends help with her after school, give her a snacks after school, and this week Delores even sewed with her. 🙂 I am sure I am leaving many things out…but I know you get what I am trying to say…I have so many people having to help me be a mommy right now on those days that I am not 100%….or even 50%.

Thank you for your prayers.  I know Amy Jane updated and mentioned I was having rough chemo week. I started feeling better on Friday….and hoping my energy level starts increasing more and more.

Day 41 – May 15, 2017

The day before chemo. I actually got E to school EARLY!  That was huge!! Even before chemo, Keith took E to school a lot, as long as it worked with his schedule.  So, on the days that I take her, sometimes we are pulling in one to two minutes before the bell rings, so for us to be early was great!

After dropping E off, my friend Stephanie walked with me.  I may have mentioned before, my doctors want me to walk and I feel better after walking.  The only thing is, we have to walk before it gets too hot or I can’t go as far.  The heat does tire me out from what we experienced a few weeks ago.  I need to get a picture of us together so I can post a picture of her.  She has filled in as a “mama sitter” for me when someone had to cancel last minute with a sick kiddo, but she helps me with E during chemo week and even off chemo week.  Her little girl and E would play together all the time if we let them…she takes E with them if they go for an after school snack and just helps make E’s school weeks like they would be if I was not going through this…even as much as hanging out at the school with her after school when she is working on a PTA event.

When Mary Margaret found out Keith was traveling, she invited us over for a swim play date and dinner.  I said YES!  I knew E would love to play with L and A and I knew I would just like hanging out with MM.  We went over after school, the kids got to swim and eat dinner, and then the kids played more.  Because it was a school night, MM even told me to bring E’s pajamas and let her get ready for bed there so that when we got home she could go to bed…so that is what we did…she was all clean and in pajamas so when we got home, that was one less thing we had to do. I forgot to take a picture of us that night too…or the kids…and one of us is normally snapping pictures of the kids playing and sending the pictures to each other.  When I texted MM later that night we didn’t take a picture she found this on her phone.  🙂  I have hair! This is a picture from earlier this year.

Mary Margaret and I earlier in the year when I had hair 🙂

Day 42 – May 16, 2017

CHEMO DAY…it is kind of strange because when I think of chemo day I feel nauseous. I don’t know why…but I just have to block it out of my mind…I know chemo is what I need….we are 3 down with 13 total chemo treatments to go.  Don’t forget though, I have 4 treatments of AC, so we are 3 down with 1 treatment of AC to go!!  In June, I will be changing over to Taxol which the nurse even told me when I went in for fluids this week that it would be much easier.

My Mama Sitter on chemo day this week was Amy P.  She took me to chemo last time too.  This week I had to also get E to my friend Stephanie to take to school since we had to leave early to make it to my appointments.  I was running a little late but we still made it on time…remember me saying earlier that Keith was traveling, so when I realized I was running late, I walked E to Stephanie’s and then got back home and quickly ate my breakfast and we were off for Round 3.

Round 3 Chemo with my Mama Sitter, Amy P

Dr. A came to see me during chemo too!  It always makes chemo day  better when she comes over to chat for a bit.  I know she is really busy and fits me in between surgeries and deliveries when she would probably be eating lunch!

Dr. A came to visit me after she finished her surgeries and I think it was her lunch break too….

Amy P got me home and I started feeling tired.  By that evening I was feeling more like I feel on Wednesday evening after chemo.

Day 43 – May 17, 2017

Wednesday after chemo – my Mama Sitter was Delores.  I did not get a picture with her either.  My picture taking this week has not been that great.  I was awake some on Wednesday but slept some too.  Delores did laundry for me and wiped my kitchen down..and she may have done other things too while I was sleeping. My friends ask what they can do, and I am not good at asking for help…so I am glad they just find something that needs to be done and do it.  When E came home from school, Delores sewed a “pocket” on a blanket E has been making for me and then she played with E.  E had fun with Delores and that makes me happy. 🙂

Day 44 – May 18, 2017

If you read the blog earlier this week, you know my Mama Sitter was Amy Jane as she did a quick blog update.  I was just on the couch again on Thursday sleeping or as Amy Jane told me I was dozing.  I did not get a picture of me with Amy Jane on Thursday.

Our other friend Heidi picked up H (Amy Jane’s son) from school and brought him over here and her two kiddos, C & L and H & E had a little playdate that afternoon.  I know E really enjoyed having friends over to play.  Heidi also makes me homemade Greek yogurt because store bought yogurt has so much sugar in it…so she dropped off my yogurt that day too.  This picture is from last chemo…I actually have more hair in this picture than I do now…

Day 45 – May 19, 2017

Fluids!!  Friday I went in for my fluids which always help.  I saw my doctor and she still feels like this tumor is shrinking!  She also told me if Keith has to travel again, I have to ask for help and even see if someone can stay with us. I definitely overdid it…but it was mainly things that had to be done. So like she asked me, if I had a friend that needed my help, wouldn’t I help?  Of course I would…and she reminded me that I have friends to help too….it is just me asking…I feel like I have asked so much as it is…but that is because I do not like having to ask for help.

My Mama Sitter Friday was Sherry.  We did a lot on Friday considering how bad I felt all week. My appointments started at 8AM!  That calls for an even earlier morning that normal.  We had to leave around 6:45AM.  We were early because traffic was not bad…but you never know what traffic is going to be like.  A little shout out to my friend Stephanie too, because she let Keith drop E off to her somewhere between 6:45 and 7:00 Friday morning.

Sherry and I  stopped and had lunch after I got fluids.   Normally, I want a salad afterwards but instead I wanted a sweet potato and grilled shrimp…so we headed to a place we both like that has that on the menu.  The prayers, the fluids, and me eating that much at one time helped me feel better the rest of Friday.

When I was at chemo on Tuesday, another girl that was there was eating cherries.  Amy P and I started talking and I said I might eat more cherries if it was not for the pit.  She was telling me they make a cherry pitter.  There is a smoothie that I had saved the recipe for that uses cherries but had not yet made it.  So, after lunch, Sherry and I stopped and I bought a cherry pitter before we headed to Whole Foods for me to pick up some things including cherries!

Mama Sitter, Sherry

When we got back to my house, we washed the cherry pitter, washed the fruit, and then made that smoothie.  It was so good!  I am excited because now I have another smoothie I can make that I like.

Do any of you have any favorite smoothie recipes you would like to share?  Mine normally include berries, spinach, almond milk or coconut/almond milk, and a little peanut butter.  I would love to hear other ideas!

I can not say thank you enough for all those that are walking this journey with us…the prayers, the meals, the cards, the messages, the gifts, the scriptures that you send in a text or messages, the sweet words that are said, thank you, thank you, thank you!  It is so encouraging to know we have such an army fighting this with us!

The scripture I am sharing today, I know I have shared before…but it is so true!  NOTHING is impossible for God.  Please remember to pray Monday for the sonogram where they will be measuring the size of the tumor now against the original sonogram. How AWESOME it would be if they said they no longer see it?!!

Thank you so much for walking this journey with us,

For nothing is impossible with God.  Luke 1:37





Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s