Day 3 – April 7, 2017

Day three was the day for testing. We arrived at the hospital about 12:30 for the tests to begin.  I believe I was done around 3:00.  Everyone was so kind.  The first guy that called me back was the guy that started my IV and injected the dye for the bone scan I would have later in the day.  He was looking at my paperwork, and said I had the best doctor.  Come to find out, my surgical oncologist was the same doctor his wife had used. I told some friends I thought it was really cool that God would let that be the first person once my testing started that I cross paths with.

The second person working on me was a sweet lady getting me ready to start all the testing.  I told her how I had so many people praying for me, and she agreed with me about how prayer works!!

I know the Great Physician!  The way I was able to get an appointment and be sitting in the surgical oncologist’s office within 2 1/2 hours of being told of my diagnosis I say is totally God! I have had such a sense of peace at each appointment, and I think I made it through talking to all the different people during my testing without losing it!  The two days before everyone was always looking for a box of tissue to hand me.  I am not saying I do not still have my moments, but we are going to fight this with everything we have!

I am thankful for the team of doctors He has given to me.

I am thankful for the peace He has given to me.

I am thankful for the support system He has given to me.

I should have been glowing yesterday from all the dyes injected into me…a different dye for each of the three scans.

We knew we had to tell E.  She has been having fun this week hanging out with a little friend more than normal, but that is just it, that’s not the normal. I am sure she is wondering why since Wednesday her friend’s mom has either picked her up from school or taken her to school.

During dinner we talked to E.  We did not use the word cancer while talking to her. We told her mommy was sick and would be going to the doctor a lot.  We said that I was going to have to take some medicine that would make me lose my hair,  but that I would have a wig to wear.  She ask me to get a wig with long hair so I can wear my hair in a bun😬.  We explained to her that in the fall I would have to have surgery.  We told her to ask us any questions that she might have and we would answer them.  We told her I was going to need her to help me too, so last night before going to bed she brought all her “doctor stuff” and checked me out…I think my knees and elbow passed the test, my ears looked good and my chest sounded ok😊.  She has such a sweet little spirit.  I know she will be a great little helper in the weeks and months to come.

I know we have to tell her it is cancer, but as an adult that is pretty overwhelming.  I can only think of what’s going through her little 7 year old mind.

The waiting game has begun again.  Have I mentioned before I am not the most patient person when it comes to waiting on test results?  These tests would tell us if the cancer was contained or if it had spread anywhere else.

Thank you for walking with us and praying for us during this journey.


When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
Isaiah 43:2 NIV



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s